Wednesday, March 2

Happy Birthday Dr. Suess




To celebrate Dr. Suess' Birthday we had little birthday party today.

We don't have Dr. Suess decorations, but we decorating in red and white and spotlighted some Suess books. After reading Ten Apples Up On Top we attempted stacking our own apples. Suess makes it look so easy, but it is not.

Dinner was also red and white. We had chicken and tomato kebabs and cupcakes for dessert.

The kids were not as excited as I had hoped. I'm thinking I'll just have to go bigger next year... Not that I'm obsessive or anything. Regardless, it was a nice end to a school day and eye exam.

Sophia's glasses have helped correct you alignment slightly, but she is still favoring her stronger eye. To help strengthen her eye she'll wear a patch. She won't need to wear the patch during school, but needs needs wear it about 6 hours a day. She'll go back for another exam in July to determine if the patch has strengthened the eye so that both eyes will work together. Once the eyes are working together she'll have better depth perception and hopefully better concentration.




No comments: